Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fashion, Window Shopping, Jokes and Puns

Just yesterday, Friday, I met my fellow chamber alumni friends and one chamber undergrad for a dinner and to watch a movie. The plan started around Sunday evening, when Joyann (her real name) talked to me via Yahoo Beta (YM in your yahoo email). I only confirmed Paul (his real name) if me and Jar (also his real name) can tag along, and he said it was cool so, we tagged along.


I informed Jar on where we will meet, what the plan is and what to watch. When I told him of who's joining he told me that he might feel out-of-place. Of course I told him no, that won't happen because Paul is there and they're quite close (I think). So fast forward to 6pm, my off, I only walked to Greenbelt because I wanted to save money. Imagine, if I took the FX that goes from Paseo de Roxas to Landmark costs P12 (or higher since oil prices have increased, ergo, fares increase too), I'd get off the FX at landmark, get inside so i can go to greenbelt without crossing the streets, that would be hassle (because I paid 12 bucks, but then I'd walk some more), so I decided to just walk, besides, I didn't plan on doing my workout that night as I planned I'd go home late, really late.


So I walked, it was nice because it's an exercise per se, albeit shorter than my usual workout/exercise, plus I get to see so many places, (it's also a great way to practice taking big steps for a fabulous runway walk, hahaha) people of all kind, from those managers to messengers, foreigners to filipinos and so on. To be honest while I was walking, all that's in my head are footages of Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2003, the one where Tyra Banks was strutting her stuff with super upbeat backgrounds. Hehe, it was nice, makes me strut that walkway.


I reached the part where the entrance to the brand-new Greenbelt 5 is and I decided to go in. The ifrst thing that came into my mind when I came in GB5 is the Marc by Marc Jacobs store. I read it from some Pinoy socialite's fashion blog, and I have to say, ever since then I've always wanted to visit the boutique and now I did! I liked the store to be honest, the entrance had glass windows with white flowers a la Lancome as border and glass doors too, the usual, at least for the door. Then it dawned on me that those flowers reind me of the Marc by Marc Jacobs fragrance (Irina Kulikova was the face, she was wearing only her panties and bra and she was lying down on grass). So I went in and checked out the items sold, as usual there are the women's wardrobe of skirts, heels (from peep toes to stilettos), skinny jeans, dresses and bags. I went to farther the boutique and saw items for guys. I saw collared shirts, short sleeved polo shirts, 2 blue swimming shorts, tees and jeans. I was happy becauses there's something I can potentially buy, although looking at the price tag, let's just say my wallet was not prepared (obviously since I only plan to spend on food and movie tickets). But to be fair, the dark blue collared shirt costs P4,500. Pants are around P7K, short sleeved polos are around P5K and so is the swimming shorts. I honestly want to buy something from that store, I have to, because it isn't that expensive, unlike, you know, Prada and Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Bally, Yves Saint Laurent, DKNY and so on.


To be honest, I did not know what to possibly by from the Marc by Marc Jacobs boutique because the collared shirts, I can buy them at a cheaper store, I only sacrifice the brand. I thought the short sleeve polos were nice, print-wise but I saw one in Topshop that was only P2K, and I really liked the detail of that polo shirt which was very resort-esque for men (I love also the detail on that marc jacobs polo, but it's worth around P5K). Why can't I have enough money to buy them? I'm planning to buy myself a pair of sunglasses from Dolce Gabbana but ever since I saw Gisele Bundchen and Will Chalker on a Valentino sunglasses ad, I was quite swayed (I liked the sunglasses Gisele wore though, I'm not sure if there's still available, not to mention how much it cost). In due time, I'll be able to buy them, not either one of them but BOTH D&G and Valentino sunglasses, BOTH Marc Jacobs and Topshop short sleeve polo, BOTH Marc Jacobs and 3 other cheap polo shirts! BTW this is the ad:



After that, I waited for Jar in GB3 where everyone would meet up. Jar came in around almost 7pm, and Thank God he did come at last because I was getting tired of waiting for him and the others and I have nowhere else to go, not to mention I was getting tired. When Jar came I was listening to the radio built in my cellphone, I didn't recognze him at first because I was looking down, on the floor mind you. When he waved his hand, that's when I recognized him. It's funny when I saw him and we both sat down, the radio was playing a song that I recognized, it went like


"...im falling for you...finally, my heart gave in and I'm, falling in love...I finally know...How it feels...so this is love..."


So throughout the first few minutes of our conversation, this song was playing. I have to say though, when I was walking, before Jar came, I was imagining I was with my boyfriend, we're walking in GB3 and GB5, holding hands while walking, we're all cute and sweet to each other, you know, a romantic walk. To be honest, for like 1-3 minutes, I was imagining what if Jar was my boyfriend and we were, you knoww, being sweet and all that . So when the song was playing, I smiled a bit, but it wasn't a smile like, I'm happy that you're here my mon cherie, it was more like...God this is a bad joke you're pulling, its strange, then again, You've always been strange.


After the song, we talked some more, about what's up with chamber, how long we've played the violin, some juice tidbits about some chamber members, which I would not elaborate because I promsied Jar I wouldn't tell a soul. After that He got a text that Katty (her real name) was in the resto called Kitchen. So we looked for her but we didn't find her outside, it turns out she was inside, and I was thinking, she can't be inside because if she's not eating why the hell would she stay there. So she came to us, waited some more until we're all complete.


We went to GB5 to eat, Paul, Naomi, Joyce, Jar, Katty and Me and we found this restaurant but I forgot the name of the place, it was all seafoods, what we ate. Good thing there weren't fishes because they're a problem for me. Before we ate, we kind of asked how's everyone doing, you know, those stuffs, catching up with other people. Joyce works for Sun Cellular, Paul and Naomi (not Campbell) works in Prople, a Knowledge Process Outsourcing firm and Katty works in Isla Lipana, an accounting firm. Jar is in 2nd year college, DLSU and me? I'm obsessed with Fashion. Because we ate around almost 9pm, Nao couldn't stay that long as she has work tomorrow and her parents are fetching her after they fetched her sibling so she left before we got to order the food (we took a group pic, but it's in her camera).


I took pictures of what we ate and us too. We had a hearty meal of seafoods mostly. After that we planned on watching Sex and the City. Now I don't have problems with this but I don't want anyone feeling they're left one so I thought maybe Indiana Jones is better, and everyone concurred. Unfortunately, the last full show for Indiana Jones was way too late, around 12mn so we went to Glorietta instead, which Jar got all worried because he was parked in GreenBelt.

So we bought the tickets, went in the movie house, which was quite different for me because we went up. Usually, the movie houses that I go to we go down. Anyways, I likedthe trailer for the Mummy the Tomb of the Dragon Emperor because it was set in China, the 2 previous movies were set in Egypt, not to say Egypt gets overrated but China, just like Egypt has many necrological curses hidden so why not capitalize on that? After the movie I got fetched by my parents, Jar fetched Joyce home because they live near each other and Paul and Katty took the taxi.

That's it byebye!




No comments: